Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Amazing God


Ok...I am SO excited!  If you have been following, you know I have met so many wonderful people along this journey.  I have found it SO difficult to fund raise and ask people for donations...Its completely humbling but if I put aside my pride for only a second I am encouraged, thrilled, completely amazed at the generosity of God's people.  

Last Sunday our study was about how during Jesus' ministry he washed the feet of His disciples and even though they were reluctant, it was necessary.  But also, in the last days Jesus will be again washing our feet! (Luke 12:37)  And we have to be humble enough to accept that.  Well, as I sat there listening the Lord spoke to my heart, "That is what is happening right now," He said, "I am using my people to wash your feet.   Accept it humbly."

I'll tell you what, it doesn't make it any more comfortable, accepting money from people, but if I look at it from the perspective that I am accepting it from my Lord...it makes it easier.

So, check this out!  Stacy from Jubilee's Jewels made this necklace especially for us!  The verse on it is the verse that God gave me a couple of weeks ago, when I was fretting...are you ready?

Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified. Isaiah 61:3

That is what we ultimately want for these sweet kids right?  That is what HE ultimately wants for all of His kids, that they be redeemed from darkness and despair and that they will be like the oaks of righteousness, His planting, and that we might all glorify Him! 

So this is the necklace...click on this link to order,  http://jubileesjewels.com/Isaiah-61-3-necklace then $14 of every necklace will go towards Henry's adoption.  We only have about three weeks left if all goes as planned so get yours now!  And look around at her other jewelry....its pretty amazing:)




Just had to add a little Henry love...Got this unexpectedly tonight..I might have to start fundraising for my grocery money...jk....hahahahhahaha!


Blessings












No comments:

Post a Comment