Monday, October 24, 2011

Blessings and Disappointment

My mom was diagnosed with cancer last week.  The diagnosis came as a complete surprise, because she is a healthy mom.  We have been together alot, my family and I and it is nice, but although there are smiles and laughter no one is happy.  Every once in a while the air gets sucked out of the room and there are no words, nothing to say.  Today she will have surgery to try to remove all that they can, I covet your prayers...for her....for me.
Cancer isn't a death sentence these days, the doctor seems to feel that she has a great chance of beating this, he is so positive, which is great.  But as I look at the next 6 months, as positive as I try to be, all I see is a hard road.  Unfortunately, or fortunately that road also holds the adoption of my Henry which makes it bitter sweet.  Its interesting how God works sometimes.  He's not taking life and giving it, but He is improving quality of life for one as He takes quality of life from another.  And as I read this morning and pray to my God, the only thing I have to say is that He is the only answer.  He holds everything we all need, whether it be healing and comfort, love and compassion or money and patience, endurance and sanity.   It is He who formed us from the womb with one eye or two, with parents or none, with cancer or healthy.  It is He who has the plan for our lives and who is delighted when we choose to walk in it no matter what the situation.

Ephesians 1:2 starts with Grace and Peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Today I don't feel very blessed, but I am thrilled that all I have to do is go to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ and Grace and Peace are freely given.  I am told I have been blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing and today I will walk around knowing that, despite what I feel.

2 comments:

  1. Cancer is just plain hard and awful!!! I know you are so torn in all this but all I can do is thank our Father that you know Him and know that His plan is perfect! My status today~

    One day you will stand in the full light of eternity and view the big picture. You’ll see God’s purpose behind the path He specifically chose for you.

    In the meantime, do what Proverbs 3 tells us to do: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

    Be patient. God knows what He’s doing. God knows what is best for you. He can see the end result. You can’t. All those problems, heartaches, difficulties and delays -- all the things that make you ask “why” -- one day it will all be clear in the light of God’s love. RW

    I love you sweet friend and I will see your sweet Henry with my own eyes very soon!!! I can't wait!!!
    Love always,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon...for the encouragement once again. I can't wait for you to get to China and be blessed beyond blessed. love

    ReplyDelete